Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Impatience and the writing process

I learned a very valuable lesson taking this writing course, and I wish I will remember it: chew small pieces and start eating early!!!
I always felt I was very bad at writing because I found it so difficult, and thus had always something better to do than take my hair out trying to come up with the perfect sentence. I believed that I was somewhat lazy when it came to writing. In the case of long assignments, it was more like a feeling of inaptitude. Now, I don’t feel as impatient and I am confident to I will do good. Writing takes time…and corrections!
By approaching writing differently and accumulating as many notes as possible, I hope that the procrastination due to fear of the white pages will give way to some discipline. It is so much easier to get to work when you have something to start with!
Having been writing everyday for the last 3 months, and having learned the process of writing itself, I feel less anxious when I think about the many more months that are to come. A writing class was all the therapy I needed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home